RETAS Based on Roundhay road have now opened for recruitment for their new Steps to Settlement programme – the first 10 week programme will be begin on Monday 24th of September. ThE programme is open to asylum seekers and refugees who have been in the UK less than 24 months. Food is provided and we are able to provide £2 travel expenses for each participant on each day.
Steps to Settlement:
– will enable refugees living in Leeds to transition well from leaving the asylum system and to positively engage with mainstream UK society
– involves fundamental steps towards successful integration and settlement in Leeds. The 10 week programme involves 20 refugees taking four steps: Sanctuary, Serenity, Skills and Settlement
– Within each step a diverse range of compulsory modules will be delivered, focusing on english language, well-being, confidence building, digital learning, financially sustainable living and employability.
– Takes place at RETAS on Mondays and Tuesdays – only 20 refugees are available for each programme, so bookings must be made first
– There are 4 programmes (4x10weeks) between September 2012 and the end of July 2013
RETAS are looking for referrals and for partner organisations who would like to get involved. To book places or for further details please contact email@example.com or any member of RETAS staff.
Direct (0113) 380 5632 Reception (0113) 380 5630