The New Year campaign for young people is now live for all 14 – 18 yr olds who can access 2 months of junior bodyline membership for £5.00 which will include a gym induction, water bottle and towel.
Anyone over 14 yrs old can now access gym, fitness classes and swimming without parents or guardians at any time, which means that there is more flexibility of when they can access the various sessions.
Just go to www.choosegodo.co.uk for information and to download the voucher.
Please could you circulate this information to all partners who may be able to direct young people to the site.
The one day Healthy Living Training course has been developed to enable frontline workers to effectively deliver evidence based healthy lifestyles messages around food and physical activity. Each attendee will receive a training manual which includes a number of tools to support their personal delivery.
The course will be delivered by Leeds Community Health Care Dietetics, NHS Leeds Health Improvement Specialists and the Health Improvement Team at Leeds City Council.
The course runs from 9.30am – 4.00pm
The Course covers
– Eatwell plate
– Food hygiene
– Physical Activity
Aim: To increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating, safe food practices and the importance of being physically activity.
By the end of the session you should be able to:
Describe how healthy choices could be made easier for individuals
Understand the components of the Eatwell plate and the evidence based healthy eating messages which should be promoted
List food hygiene good practices which should be promoted
Understand the consistent message around physical activity
RETAS Based on Roundhay road have now opened for recruitment for their new Steps to Settlement programme – the first 10 week programme will be begin on Monday 24th of September. ThE programme is open to asylum seekers and refugees who have been in the UK less than 24 months. Food is provided and we are able to provide £2 travel expenses for each participant on each day.
Steps to Settlement:
– will enable refugees living in Leeds to transition well from leaving the asylum system and to positively engage with mainstream UK society
– involves fundamental steps towards successful integration and settlement in Leeds. The 10 week programme involves 20 refugees taking four steps: Sanctuary, Serenity, Skills and Settlement
– Within each step a diverse range of compulsory modules will be delivered, focusing on english language, well-being, confidence building, digital learning, financially sustainable living and employability.
– Takes place at RETAS on Mondays and Tuesdays – only 20 refugees are available for each programme, so bookings must be made first
– There are 4 programmes (4x10weeks) between September 2012 and the end of July 2013
RETAS are looking for referrals and for partner organisations who would like to get involved. To book places or for further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of RETAS staff.
Direct (0113) 380 5632 Reception (0113) 380 5630